The following is the latest one of Blog series of KCO (2nd Phase). This particular blog is written by Mr. M. Kaleem Majeed, Manager Taxation and Corporate Services.
Kaleem Sahib is our Corporate Expert. He deals with clients and Govt Authorities with utmost easy and solves most complicated issues extremely amicably. Please read his blog which shows his grip on the subject.
PROCEDURE FOR CHANGE IN COMPUTERIZED PAYMENT RECEIPT (CPR)-SALES TAX
The payment of taxes gives a right to protection (James M. Wayne)
Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), Revenue Division has allowed genuine correction in sales tax CPR and for this most of the taxpayers have lack of information regarding the procedures due to the reason that nothing have been prescribed in Ordinance or Act for making correction in CPR.
Following is the procedure for change in CPR-Sales Tax;
- Written request on letterhead to Relevant Chief Commissioner
- Copy of CNIC or NTN certificate or taxpayer online verification document
- Copy of CPR
- In case of bank’s mistake, letter from the bank and affidavit from the taxpayer on stamp paper that amendment may be made in CPR
- For correction of NTN in CPR, affidavit from the person on whose name the payment has been deposited
Chief Commissioner would recommend and then endorse the application to Chief (IR-Automation), FBR (HQ), Islamabad.
APPROVAL GRANTED BY:
Chief (IR-Automation), FBR (HQ), Islamabad
APPROVAL CONVEYED TO:
Director MIS, FBR (HQ) who would:
- Update changes as per approval
- Maintain record of changes
- Intimate applicant and relevant RTO
- Summary report to be send to Chief (IR-Automation) on weekly basis
Director MIS would provide Software & Operational support
Monitoring of changes in CPR would be done by Director MIS
Reference: C.No.21 (3) S.IR-Automation/2011/54380R dated April 12, 2012
M. Kaleem Majeed.