This is the latest edition of Blogs of KCO Series (2nd Phase). This blog is written by Mr. M. Bilal Ismail, Associate Taxation services.
Filer and non-filers has received serious attention by the people of Pakistan, now every person dealing with bank whether salaried class, businessman or even a house wife is faced with the issue of being filer or non-filer.
Let’s now talk about how to become filer
For filer first and foremost step is to get yourself National Tax Number, it is like getting education from college or university is second thing first is to register oneself.
You may be aware that FBR has launched new system for obtaining National Tax Number (NTN) that is IRIS.
Now FBR has linked the system with NADRA’s database, so that online verification of CNIC provided can be done, you need to have following
- Valid Computerized National Identity Card Number (CNIC)
- Mobile number registered on your name (in the case of Association of person or company on director’s name).
- Valid email ID
- Scanned copies of documents
- (Please note that personal visit of one of partners or one of directors is required at FBR office in the case of NTN of AOP or Company)
- During registration process, SMS and email with code on mobile number and email ID provided will be sent and required to be entered.
- Once codes are entered and found correct by IRIS, login ID and password will be sent on the same mobile and email ID.
- Using Login credentials as mentioned above, application form u/s 181 is required to be filled in and scanned copy of documents are required to be attached with property details, business, banks accounts details.
- Once Form as mentioned above is submitted, NTN number will be allotted within 1 hour of submission.
- Submitted copy of form 181 shall be treated as NTN for all purposes.
Muhammad Bilal Ismail